If you want to order plastic products and parts, it is absolutely important to understand the varied kinds of molding techniques. Plastic molding basically refers to the process of making plastic parts, for which molds are used in different ways. Rotational molding is one of the new techniques on the block and has some amazing benefits.
At the basic level, rotational molding, also called rotomolding, involves placing liquid/powder resin material in a mold, which is then rotated in an oven. The heat allows the material to melt and cover the entire inner surface of the mold, after which the mold is cooled and the plastic product is taken out. In this post, we are discussing everything you need to know about the benefits of rotational molding.
- From FDA approved bulk containers to small hollow plastic parts, a whole range of products can be made with rotational molding, and it remains one of its biggest advantages. You can even produce strong durable products that are huge in size, as long as 15 feet or more
- Shape. With some of the other molding techniques, it is hard to design certain parts that are complex in shape, but that’s not the cause with rotational molding. You can produce as many parts and products as required, and without compromising on uniform thickness.
- It is possible to emboss and add logos, brand information names by using metal inserts during the actual production. If you want to go for products that are not bogged down the traditional assembly procedures, rotational molding is right for you.
- There is no limitation as far as color is concerned. You can get the exact color and shape that you want for your plastic product, and the manufacturer would be able to customize everything as per your requirements.
- Reduced tooling costs. Compared to injection molding and some of the other molding techniques, tooling costs for rotational molding are considerably lower. This is because cast aluminum and other cheaper metals can be considered, which also reduces the time required for tooling.
Finally, let’s also not forget that it is possible to get any kind of finish required for a product with rotational molding. To place an order, find a reliable manufacturer now and ask the right questions before taking the final call. With rotational molding, you should be able to reap the advantages we just mentioned, to get more durable and cost-effective products.